Get Help

How to get help

If you need help from our foodbank there are a few simple steps to follow.

The most important step is to get a foodbank voucher.

In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher. The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis. Agencies we work with are listed below:

PRIMARY SCHOOLS – families of pupils attending these schools
– Bapchild and Tonge Primary School
– Borden Primary School
– Canterbury Road School
– Holywell School
– Lansdowne Primary School
– Meadowfield School
– Milton Primary Academy
– Milstead & Frinsted School
– Milton Court Primary School
– Minterne Junior School
– Regis Manor School
– South Avenue School
– The Oaks Infant School
– Tunstall Primary School
– Westlands Primary School

SENIOR SCHOOLS – families of students attending these schools
– Borden Grammar School
– Fulston Manor School
– Meadowfield School
– SCC Senior School
– Westlands Senior School

NURSERIES – families of children attending these nurseries
– Little Angels
– Wings Nursery

– Plough Court (residents)
– Optivo Housing (residents only)
– Paramount Housing (residents)
– Porchlight (homeless clients)
– Sanctuary Housing
– Swale Borough Council Housing Options Team
– The Quays (residents only)

– Forward Trust (clients)
– Grovehurst Doctors Surgery (patients)
– Medway Early Intervention Team
– Swale Mental Health team (patients only)
– Swale School Health (school nurses)
– The Meads Medical Centre (patients)

– Childrens Social Services
– Community Safety Unit – Kent Police
– Early Help & Preventative Services
– Imago
– KCC Social Services Adult Community Team
– Probation Service (clients)

– CAP (clients)
– Citizens Advice Bureau, Swale House

– Joining Hands Joining Hearts
– New Leaf Support (clients)
– SATEDA (clients)
– Swale Women’s Refuge (residents)

– Age UK (clients only)
– Carers Support
– Phoenix House Community Centre (only if sent from jobcentre)
– Royal British Legion South East (ex-military only)
– The Calm Centre
– Victim Support Kent

– All Saints Church Murston
– Holy Trinity Milton Regis
– St Michael’s Church
– The Six Benefice churches
– Sittingbourne Family Church

Any problems getting a voucher, please call us Monday – Friday 9am-3pm on 07486 370709.

1. Get in touch with us.

If you call or email our foodbank we can talk through your situation and put you in touch with a relevant local agency.

2. Arrange a visit to the referral agency.

They will discuss your situation and supply you with a foodbank voucher where appropriate.

If you can’t afford food, you can call 0808 2082138 (freephone) for free to speak to a trained and independent Citizens Advice agent.

The freephone helpline is open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm. You’ll be able to talk to an agent confidentially about your circumstances and if needed they’ll issue you with a food bank voucher.

3. Bring  your foodbank voucher to your nearest foodbank centre. 

You can find a list of our local centres and opening times here. When you arrive, we’ll welcome you with a warm drink and our trained volunteers will chat with you about your situation. We’ll also discuss any dietary needs you may have and exchange your foodbank voucher for a parcel of three days of emergency food. We’ll also help to support you in any other ways that we can. Most of our foodbank centres offer a cafe style environment and our aim is to provide non-judgemental support at the point of crisis.

If you have any further questions our FAQ’s page may help, or feel free to give us a call.


Back to Get Help